Share Your Swim Story
Do you have an inspiring learn to swim story you are willing to share with other families? Should your story be selected, we'll share it on this website as a resource to inspire others to learn to swim. Here's how to share your story:
1. Write your story.
In 500 words or less, tell us about your swimming journey. Here are a few questions to get you thinking:
- Was there a moment or person that inspired you to learn to swim?
- Did you or your child overcome challenges along the way? How?
- Did you find a great coach to help you? Give them a shout out!
- Did you learn in a class, at home, or individually?
- How did you make the process fun or calm your child's fears?
(Read other swim stories to get inspired!)
2. Select a picture or make a video.
This could be a photo of you or your child in the pool, a picture of your swim club, or even a drawing your child made about their experience! Or make a video of yourself or your child swimming in the pool and send us the link to include in your story.
3. Send in your story.
Send your story and picture by email to Monica Jones (email@example.com) with "My Swim Story" in the subject line. Please include your full name, your address, and phone number where we can reach you in your message. If you would rather mail your story to us, send it to us on a CD, DVD, or thumb drive at the below address. (Drawings don't have to be in electronic format.)
My Swim Story
ATTN: Monica Jones
5816 Ward Court
Virginia Beach, VA 23455
Unfortunately we are not able to return any items that you send to us, so if something is of value to you, such as a photo or drawing, send us a copy instead.
By sending us your materials and information, you affirm that:
- Swimways Corporation has your permission to re-publish the content on Swimways websites and promote the story via Swimways social media accounts and in other marketing materials.
- That the materials you send to us are entirely of your own creation and do not infringe on anyone elses copyright.
- That you are the legal guardian of, or have the written permission of the legal guardian to, minors mentioned in your story or shown in the image related to your story.
Swimways reserves the right to make minor edits to your story or picture, such as spelling and grammar corrections, or removing information to protect the identity of minors.
We cannot reply to every story submitted to us, however should we select your story for publication, you will be notified.
Thank you for sharing your learn to swim story!